Saturday, April 22, 2017

UCLA lands pledge from 2018 guard David Singleton



apr 20, 2017 | evan daniels & Josh gershon | www.scout.com | post LINK

2018 guard David Singleton just verbally committed to Steve Alford, UCLA.


2018 guard David Singleton verbally committed to UCLA on Thursday, he announced. 
Singleton, a four-star recruit out of Torrance (Calif.) Bishop Montgomery, picked the Bruins over interest from a host of west coast schools, including Gonzaga, UNLV, Arizona among others. 
"I liked the style of play and I liked the fact I'll be able to stay home," Singleton told Scout. "I felt like family every time I visited their school and and I felt this will be the best situation for me."
Singleton picked up an offer from UCLA on Tuesday and committed less than 48 hours later, choosing to stay at home in Los Angeles.
"Being at home for school definitely made a big impact on my decision," Singleton said.
The UCLA campus and staff were also impressive to Singleton.


"The staff really values you as a player and a person," he said. "I also like how the campus is high in both basketball and academics."
The 6-foot-4 guard is ranked No. 58 overall and as the No. 10 shooting guard in the 2018 class.
"David Singleton is one of the top scorers on the West Coast," Scout analyst Josh Gershon said. "He's a 6-4 shooting guard who can fill it up from all three levels."
"One of the best aspects of Singleton's game is his consistency; he gets his points every time out and usually at an efficient rate," Gershon added. "Not just a scorer, Singleton also can handle and pass it, while he changes speeds well and can play in either the half court or transition."
Fresh off landing the No. 2 recruiting class in 2017, Singleton is the first commitment of the 2018 class.  

No comments: