AUSTRALIAN small forward Jonah Bolden has signed a one-year deal with Serbian club, FMP, sources told foxsports.com.au.
FMP is owned by Red Star Belgrade, and it’s rumoured that the Euroleague club is controlling Bolden’s signing, with an eye toward grooming him for their Euroleague squad next year, should he not be on an NBA roster, sources said.
FMP is coached by Slobodan Klipa, and competes in both the ABA League, and the Basketball League of Serbia.
Bolden is an automatic entry for the 2017 NBA Draft.
Bolden withdrew from UCLA at the end of July, with the 20-year-old citing the lack of development opportunities as the reason he left Steve Alford’s program.
The 6’10 Bolden, who was born in Melbourne before moving to Sydney, played 31 games as a freshman for the Bruins, starting in 11; averaging 4.6 points and 4.8 rebounds in 21.7 minutes per game.

At the beginning of August, Bolden spoke with foxsports.com.au about his decision to sign in Europe for his single professional year before declaring for the 2017 NBA Draft.
“I just felt like Europe is the best option for me,” Bolden said.
“Obviously, I can’t just go to the NBA, so I had to choose one of the options. College wasn’t an option for me because I would’ve had to sit out.
“Then I thought of the next thing, maybe coming back home; but it wasn’t really an option because I’ve lived here, and I feel like, for me, the leagues in Europe are getting better, and the coaching there is phenomenal. I’ll be going up against bigger, stronger, smarter guys who could teach me day-to-day.”
Bolden has already flown out of Sydney, Australia to join his new team.