Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ben Howland Statement Regarding His Return as Head Coach



Ben Howland Statement Regarding His Return as Head Coach

UCLA Men's Basketball


        
March 13, 2012


Ben Howland issued a statement about his return as head coach of the UCLA men's basketball team:

"This past season has been the most challenging of my 31 years as a college basketball coach. I have endured seasons with fewer wins, but none with more disappointment. The unfavorable light that is cast upon our program is my responsibility as the UCLA head coach. But we will get better, and I will get better.

Dan Guerrero and I have had lengthy conversations about how we as a program and I as a coach can improve, and we are in agreement that improvements need to be made. In fact, I welcome the opportunity. I want to thank Dan for his belief in me and in our future at UCLA.

I have poured my heart and soul into coaching my entire adult life and having the honor of being the Head Coach at UCLA is a dream that is still hard to grasp as real. I love this place.

I love walking by the Hall of Fame and seeing the success of so many Bruin teams. I love the tradition, the values, the expectations, the fans, the passion for winning championships here.

We have some quality young men in our program right now, and we look forward to adding outstanding recruits to join them next year.

Make no mistake--we will work hard every day to build upon this year's 19 win season and make the Bruin family proud of who we are and what we accomplish."

No comments: