Thursday, July 15, 2010

Arron Afflalo's summer workout

Afflalo back at it.
By Chris Dempsey
The Denver Post
Posted: 07/13/2010 01:00:00 AM MDT

Hoping the result will be a newer, better player, Nuggets guard Arron Afflalo said he is changing his normal offseason workout routine in order to build strength and stamina.

Afflalo watched the first few Nuggets summer league games in Las Vegas and said he has begun working out for the 2010-11 season with the idea of being on the court longer. His goal is to be able to play suffocating defense and still have the energy to be effective on offense.

"I'm just trying to get a little more defined, because I want my conditioning better," Afflalo said. "I've always been strong and things like that, but I want to be able to play both ends of the court at a high level."

Afflalo averaged 8.8 points and 3.1 rebounds per game last season and was one of the NBA's best 3-point shooters at 43.4 percent.

No comments: